Taste of Tunes is a FREE Admission event that has been bringing the community together since 2018. It’s an opportunity to experience some awesome music while enjoying delicious food specials and drinks all around our beautiful Iola and Scandinavia area. With a fully packed schedule, there will be different musical acts at all featured venues in the area For two days starting Friday, July 21st, through Saturday, July 22nd. So put on your dancing shoes and come with your appetites and join us for this lively community event!
16 venues will provide an entourage of music and food July 21 & 22, 2023
Six locations will kick off the event Friday, July 21, starting at 6pm at Iola Mills. Stop in at Little Wolf Gallery at 6:30pm to hear Kyerokaya. There are two 7pm options including Schmidt’s Corners and Thirsty Perch. At 7:30 visit Odin & Freja’s in Scandinavia and at 8pm finish off the night at Mark McCoy’s Flat Tracker Tap.
Saturday’s music begins at 9 a.m. and continues throughout the day at 12 additional venues.
Our aim is to bring people into our local businesses. Everyone attending will get a punch card and have the opportunity to win prizes. The card will list each venue and location. Your card will get stamped when you make a purchase at the venue. This can be anytime throughout the day. Visits to the venues do not need to happen during the time the music is playing!
1 or more stamps – $20 in Chamber Bucks (10 winners)
6 or more stamps – $50 in Chamber Bucks (2 winners)
7 stamps – Taste & Tunes T-Shirt on the spot!
10 or more stamps – $100 in Chamber Bucks (1 winner)
Join us for a FREE eclectic music and food event that spans the Hwy 49/Hwy J corridor!
14 or more stamps – Eligible for drawing gift basket drawing, which includes gifts from each venue. The estimated value is more than $400.
Schedule of Events
- 6pm – Iola Mills – Jeff Sachs
- 6:30pm – Little Wolf Gallery – Kyerokaya pm – Iola Mills
- 7pm – Thirsty Perch – Dammit Jim
- 7pm – Schmidt’s Corners – John Grove
- 7:30pm – Odin & Freya’s in Scandinavia – Dell and His Sweet Rollers
- 8pm – Mark McCoy’s Flat Tracker Tap Silver – Gray Catz
- 9 am – Trout Bum Bakery – Eric Smith
- 10am – ScandiHus – Skogtroll featuring Desiah Melby
- 11 am – Sentry Foods – Jasmine/Aniken
- 7 pm – Silver Lake Lanes – Gray Catz
- Noon – Subway – Jasmine/Aniken
- Noon – Iola Historical Society – Pat Wiley
- 1 pm – Crystal Cafe – Eric Smith
- 1pm – 10LA – Beautiful Dreamers
- 2 pm– Lessons From the Art – Students from Lesson From the Art
- 5pm – Little Wolf Gallery – Fretters
- 7pm – Iola Mills – Big Oil
- 7pm – Iola Pines Campground – October Tree Music
- 7 pm – Thersty Perch – Stone Cold Country
- 7:30pm – Odin & Freja’s – Djinn Ghost and Friends
- 8pm – Silver Lake Lanes – Gray Catz